NYSAAA is the New York State Automotive Aftermarket Association Scholarships. If you are a resident of New York and meet the additional qualifications below, and submit a complete application, you will be considered by NYSAAA for their scholarship offerings.
John J. Lorenzen and Debbie J. Tranello Memorial Scholarship Funds
These funds are to financially assist those persons wishing to continue their education beyond the secondary level in pursuit of a career in the Automotive Aftermarket, which encompasses the replacement parts distribution industry and the high tech diagnostic repair industry.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A high school senior who has a good academic standing and is currently involved in a class which may be related to the automotive industry.
- Enrolled or planning to enroll full time in an accredited college or university, and working or planning to work toward an Associate or Bachelors degree.
- A high school graduate or holding a GED certificate and currently employed in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry.
- A high school graduate or holding a GED certificate and are recommended by a current NYSAAA member.
- Committed to a career in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry and enroll in a college or a university that will prepare a student for such a career.
There will be a minimum of one scholarship awarded per fund each year. The dollar amount will be determined by the yearly amounts of contributions and will be made payable to the attended college. An amount of $1,000 each will be the minimum goal.