Scholarships are available to students entering the 2nd year of an ASE / NATEF-certified automotive program in Minnesota. Applications are reviewed by a committee of industry representatives, with consideration given to scholastic achievement, education and career goals, financial need and written recommendations.
- Scholarship awards will be in the amount of $1,000.
- Scholarships are available to full-time students entering their second year of a two-year NATEF certified automotive program.
- To be eligible for scholarships, applicants must be in good standing in their program, making satisfactory progress, and attending regularly.
- Students applying for the AASP-MN scholarship must submit a teacher verification form. Download the form and have your automotive teacher fill it out. You may scan it and attach it to your scholarship application or fax or mail it to the address on the scholarship application.
- In addition to the teacher verification form, AASP-MN applicants need to submit at least one reference letter from someone other than their automotive teacher.
- AASP-MN will accept the teacher verification form instead of school transcripts. Minnesota students who also want to be considered for awards from GAAS, UAF, and other organizations should also submit their high school and post secondary school transcripts.
AASP-MN Teacher Verification Form
The scholarship awards are the centerpiece of AASP-MN’s Automotive Education Fund, which was established to provide financial resources to support automotive students, enhance automotive programs and raise awareness of career opportunities in the independent automotive service industry. To date, over $160,000 has been invested in automotive students and programs throughout the state.
AASP-MN awarded 15 scholarships in 2015.
Judell Anderson, CAE, Executive Director
Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota, Inc.
1970 Oakcrest Avenue, Suite 102
Roseville, MN 55113
The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) is an association of independently-owned automotive service businesses and industry suppliers dedicated to improving the state’s automotive service industry and the success of its members.