KIAWA Education Foundation, Inc. was formed for the benefit of those students who are residents of Kentucky or Indiana and are seeking to further their respective careers in the Automotive and Truck Aftermarkets. We offer four scholarships annually in the amount of $2,500.00 each, two for Kentucky residents and two for Indiana residents. Qualifications for the scholarships are listed below and if qualified you may submit a complete application for consideration.
George W. Wilson III and KIAWA Scholarship
Named in honor of the first president of KIAWA who served from 1959-1994, the George W. Wilson III and KIAWA Scholarship financially assists those persons wishing to continue their education beyond the secondary level in the automotive or truck aftermarkets.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant should:
• Be a resident of Kentucky or Indiana.
• Be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate.
• Be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student in a college-level program or an ASE/NATEF certified post secondary automotive technical program. NATEF – the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation – sets standards for automotive education program, and ASE – the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence – certifies schools, which meet these standards. See ASE Education Foundation website for a list of certified programs.
• Submit your high school transcript, and your post-secondary school transcript if you are already in a post-secondary program. We accept copies of transcripts.
• Submit two letters of recommendation from non-family members. Only one may be from your church or minister. Best recommendations come from people associated with the automotive aftermarket industry.
All scholarships awarded will be paid directly to the successful candidates academic institution upon verification and proof of satisfactory enrollment.